Please beware, I am no expert cook. I try to read or watch Food Network, but since most of the ingredients were unavailable to me (mahal kasi), I make do with my own simpler version of the recipe. Like this one I made last weekend. This is another version of that famed chicken cordon bleu.
- Chicken breast, de-boned. This is very easy, most moms can do this by guiding the knife through the chicken bones starting from the side nearest to you…
- After de-boning, I marinated the chicken with Alaska evaporated milk, salt and pepper…
- Instead of the usual cold cuts and cheese fillings, I had filled out mine with veggies…for a change ^_^
- Roll the chicken onto flour, egg, finishing it up with bread crumbs. Insert toothpicks to loose parts to secure the chicken breasts. Then, deep fry…
- Viola! Served with garlicky and creamy gravy …kids loved to lick em!
- My plate. Rolled chicken over pasta. Yummy!
- Kids’ plate.
-The gravy can be stocked in the fridge and be used for pasta, bread, fried meats, or over sizzling plate I posted here.
-The fried chicken can also be stored in the freezer (I do batch cooking sometimes). Just reheat it in the microwave when needed. Saves time (this recipe is time consuming ^_^)
-Try not to discard the milk marinade, it can be used for making gravies/sauces. RECIPE HERE
-AND, and,the chicken bones,too. I boiled the bones, so I can use and store the broth for other purposes.
-ALSO, the chicken skin…well, it can be marinated, coated with flour and breading and deep fried, a la KFC’s Hot Shots…unless, you don’t want to keep the fats. Who’s dieting here? ^_^
Tags: chicken, cordon bleu, gravy, pasta, recipe