First, Happy New Year foodies! Wishing every one a year of happy and healthy eating. Remember that healthy eating does not mean depriving ourselves of foodies, foodies that were so gastronomically abundant during the last holidays. Weeee! It’s been a lot of yummylicious foodie season that tested how much my digestive system can tolerate. The key to a healthy eating is “EAT IN MODERATION”.
Kicking off the year 2012, I would want to share this cheesecake I painstakingly and virtuously bake for New Year’s eve family dinner. Glad, hubby was there to helped out. He prepared the grahams crust using this Black & Decker mixer he bought for me as part of his Christmas present . We were both laughing out as we were preparing this dessert as the kids will surely rant out loud if it ended up not edible enough. We initially planned of buying a roll cake as we usually do on New Year’s eve, but, then, I wanted to take a risk on the cheesecake Even though, we weren’t able to find blueberries in can at the supermarket and we were lost at finding fresh strawberries after scouring too many a shop in the city I didn’t let that ruin my mood.
What I did was to find whatever’s in the pantry…
for the pie crust:
1 package of grahams crushed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
for the filling:
1 package cream cheese
1 pint sour cream
1. For the crust, mix in the cinnamon to the crushed grahams then the butter and mix until resembles coarse meal.
2. Pressed the mixture into a cake pan or pie mold. Refrigerate.
3. For the filling, empty package of cream cheese into the mixer and slowly beat for 1 minute.
4. Add in eggs one at a time.
5. Mix in the sour cream. Mix until fully blended.
6. For added flavor, add in vanilla extract. I forgot to buy vanilla, as an alternate I used orange zest The aroma and the tangy taste is…be my guest to add in the apt adjective.
7. Place the creamy mixture into a cake pan and placed in another pan with water.
8. Bake 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cake should jiggle.
9. Transfer the cream filling into the crust.
10. Topped with your favorite fruits.
Here’s my dessert on New Year’s eve. Thanks to hubs for helping out. Though, I wouldn’t want to share this one out to him. I’m kinda “madamot” when it comes to sweet treat
Happy healthy eating every one
Linking this post on Mellow Yellow Monday, Ruby Tuesday, Orange Tuesdays
(click for more cheesecake how to’s)