easy creamy dessert
Holy Week it is. Yet, my small kitchen is busy. Holiday and vacation means there are mouths to feed. There’s the “forever hungry” kids who always looked for foods. There’s the eldest daughter who came home from a four-day trip to the mountains of Nueva Vizcaya. They’re always hungry.
And, it seems, I am forever stuck in the kitchen cooking something to satiate their hunger. I’m starting to get a headache thinking what else to cook…Good thing, there’s these dessert boxes from my sister-in-law. What I love about this dessert treat is its quick cooking procedure. No need for eggs. No need to steam.
Each small boxes comes with two separate pouches for the custard itself and the other one for the syrup. All I needed to do is;
- Add 500ml of milk (I opted to use 2 cans of evaporated milk) for each box to make a small mold of this ready mix custard.
- Mix the milk into the powder until free from lumps.
- Bring to a slow simmer.
- Pour in the syrup into the preferred mold.
- Then pour in the custard creme.
- Let it set and when cooled, place in the fridge.
I love doing the old fashioned leche flan, but these quick cooking desserts made me save on precious time. Because, I still have dinner to think about
My share for 366 Blog Photo Challenge