The afternoon heat was unbearable. As always, the kids were all tucked in our room where the AC is keeping them a little colder. However, they all raced back to the kitchen as soon as they smell the aroma of what was baking in the oven.
Cheesecakes! Made 2 dozens of this easy-peasy cheese cupcakes.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
3 large eggs
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup fresh milk
1 cup refined sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon vanilla (optional)
1 cup cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cream cheese)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese for toppings
- Preheat oven at 375 degree F.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add in the pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter on low speed until thick, slowly add in the eggs. One at a time.
- Add in the sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, slowly add the flour mixture. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the cream cheese using the spatula. No need to use the beater/mixer.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Add grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
TIP: You can also make frosting out of the remaining cream cheese. Beat together cream cheese, butter and 2 tablespoons water with mixer on low speed until well blended. Frost the cupcakes.
However, I decided to just go with the cheese on top because the kids always prefer their cupcakes straight from the oven -hot, moist and Oh-so-cheesy!
What a blessed Friday afternoon. Enjoy your weekend!