How To Bake Easy Banana Bread
Got to try the anodized loaf baking pans I bought online. And, what better way to try it first time than baking fresh banana bread.
Here’s the basic ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt
half teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
3/4 cup corn oil
1 cup brown sugar
3 medium size overly ripe bananas
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour and the baking soda. Add the salt and the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs one at a time.
- Add the mashed bananas, then, the sugar and the oil.
- Carefully add in the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Pour the batter in a lightly greased pan.
- Bake 25-35 minutes.
The aroma of the cake baking in the oven makes the kids go crazy. Honestly, this is one baked goodie that I really love doing over and over again. Ingredients are cheap and easy to source out. Recipe is so simple. Yet, the finish product is a bread so moist and the heavenly aroma is almost addicting.
Give it a try.
TIP #1: If you want to achieve a moist banana cake, turn the oven’s temperature lower (280 degrees) after 20-25 minutes. And after 10 more minutes, get the pan out of the oven. Don’t overbake it by switching off the oven and leaving the cake inside.
TIP #2: There’s no artificial coloring used in this recipe. It’s the Muscovado sugar (brown sugar) that makes up the brown, almost chocolate-color of the banana bread. Moreover, Muscovado sugar’s more healthier than other refined sugars as it has retained the nutrients found in sugarcane.
Try the super Easy Carrot Cake I made too.