Sizzling Pork with Veggies
This I think is the easiest dish that you can prepare with kids who always asked for meat dishes. I can allow meat provided there’s veggies in it. And, something creamy, too.
So, instead of cooking different types of dishes (mommies always go short cut in cooking ) I’d like to call this dish “3 in 1 ulam” -kids can have their fried pork, we can all have veggies, and creamy soup. How’s that?
Check out the ingredients
250 grams pork (liempo or kasim will do)
1 piece carrot (cut into thick strips)
few pieces of beans (cut into an inch long)
For the creamy sizzling base:
2-3 cups chicken broth
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon flour
salt and pepper to taste
stems and pieces mushrooms (1/2 cup)
- Rub pork with salt and pepper. Fry in a pan until brown. Set aside.
- Microwave on high the veggies 1 minute only. Set aside. (Steaming will also do)
- For the cream base. Melt butter in a pan, add the onions and mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes. Then, add the flour. Slowly pour in the milk while stirring constantly to avoid forming lumps. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and continue to simmer for about 2 more minutes. Adjust thickness with broth. Season accordingly. This is the cream base that will be use in the sizzling process. To make it as a soup, add the rest of the chicken broth to lessen the thickness.
- Place the sizzling plate in the stove top, when heat is achieved, add half a teaspoon butter and let it coat the entire plate. Be careful as the plate will lit a flame. Adjust heat accordingly.
- Place the pork into the plate, top with veggies.
- Slowly pour in the cream. Flame will continuously shoot up. So be careful.
The final product.
Sizzling hot and creamy! Kids love it with extra seasoning and hot sauce. They also never want to miss the crunchy veggies.
For the husband, this is his perfect partner with his beer. He would often asked for this dish whenever he had friends coming over for few bottles of beers.
Meat. Veggies. Creamy. 3 in 1. need I say more?