As promised, here’s another mango treat this super hot, hot summer. MANGO POPSICLES. Nothing fancy. Nothing artificial. All-natural. Just like these ripe mangoes.
For the recipe, it’s as simple as making fruity smoothie.
What you need.
2 medium ripe mangoes
half teaspoon sugar (optional)
heavy cream or yoghurt
dash of cinnamon
1 cup orange juice (or lemon juice)
small plastic cups for molds (store bought, 25 pesos for 50pcs)
popsicle sticks (store bought, 10 pesos for a A LOT)
- Slice the mangoes. Discard seed.
- Separate the flesh pulp from the skin.
- Place in a blender. Add all the ingredients.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Fill up each cup to almost full.
- Insert the popsicle stick. The density of the smoothie will hold up the sticks in place.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours.
Enjoy the freshness of fruits that are in abundance these summer months. You can make popsicles out of strawberry, watermelon (thumbs up), dragon fruit (though, the fruit’s a little pricey these days), pineapple. There’s too many fruits available in your fruit vendor.
You can even combine few fruits to make one delicious popsicle flavor. And, who knows popsicles can even be enjoyed by those who are trying to lose weight.
These tips might be useful in preparing delicious and equally nutritious popsicles without feeling the guilt.
- Use only fresh fruits when making popsicles. Avoid fruit juices as it may contain some form of sugars.
- Use low-fat yogurt or skimmed milk in order to be worry-free from fats.
- Incorporate the addition of edible herbs like mint and some citrus peels like lemon and orange zests. It’ll add flavor and tang to the popsicles.
Why deprive yourself from eating delicious desserts when you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Savor the fruity coolness of popsicles this summer without having to worry about your waist. If kids can enjoy them, YOU CAN!