Remember the two typhoons that had hit Philippine area in a matter of week. It sends a thousand household completely out of electricity for 5 days. Had no choice but to cook out what were left in the freezer.
After frying one home made meat loaf after another, there’s one left and the kids would never want to touched their fried meat loafs.
Thinking how I should “repurpose” the last one, I looked for other items that needed to be used up in the fridge before they rot. Got me these...ham slices, mushroom, potatoes, and mince garlic and onions. The kids love another variation of Cottage Pie HERE.
1. Boil the potatoes. Set aside.
2. Saute garlic, onions then stir in the meat loaf.
3. Add dash of salt and black ground pepper.
4. Placed the cooked meat loaf in a shallow round dish.
5. Mash the potatoes, add cheese and salt.
6. Evenly spread the mashed potatoes on top of the sauteed meat loaf.
7. Brush with butter.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until potatoes becomes golden brown.
9. Enjoy your slice. Perfect with garlic toast or over pasta, too.
My name is Clarizze. Close friends call me Riz. I am a mom. Full time mommy and wifey. The reason why I created this blog is because I have a forever hungry and demanding family members^_^. Hence, I share in this blog, how I am surviving and coping at this most underpaid career in this world -managing finances, kitchen misadventures, and trying hard cook.