My mom was the one who taught me how to make polvoron. Thus, when I got married and decided to become a stay-at-home mom, I asked her if we could make some and sell them on to the school she were teaching. We would alternate the polvoron with ice-candy, or with yema.
Mom’s not with us since 2002 but, I still continue to do this sweet treat, not to sell, but, for my kids to enjoy. And, like mom, I did taught my kids how to make them.
500 grams flour
250 grams powdered milk
250 grams brown sugar
1 package of butter (i used Dairycream)
chocolate cookies (oreo is best here)
wrapping paper or colored plastics
1. Using a shallow pan, toast the flour using low heat. Turning constantly for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. Crumble the cookies (note: not crushed)
4. Add the milk, sugar, cookies into the flour. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add the melted butter into the dry ingredients. Mix.
6. Mold each polvoron and wrap.
The kids enjoyed helping me out and we could have wrapped 100 pieces were it not for the kids who never stopped munching every piece that they have molded. ^_^
total of 86 polvorons!